Word of the Day
- 1/60 of a minute; the basic unit of time adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
- an indefinitely short time; "wait just a moment"; "in a mo"; "it only takes a minute"; "in just a bit"
- the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near the second of the bases in the infield
- a particular point in time; "the moment he arrived the party began"
- following the first in an ordering or series; "he came in a close second"
- a 60th part of a minute of arc; "the treasure is 2 minutes and 45 seconds south of here"
- the official attendant of a contestant in a duel or boxing match
- a speech seconding a motion; "do I hear a second?"
- the gear that has the second lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle; "he had to shift down into second to make the hill"
- merchandise that has imperfections; usually sold at a reduced price without the brand name
- in the second place; "second, we must consider the economy"
- coming next after the first in position in space or time or degree or magnitude
- a part or voice or instrument or orchestra section lower in pitch than or subordinate to the first; "second flute"; "the second violins"
- give support or one's approval to; "I'll second that motion"; "I can't back this plan"; "endorse a new project"
- transfer an employee to a different, temporary assignment; "The officer was seconded for duty overseas"
- 英英字典以 WordNet 為基礎進行開發，使用了 WordNet 資料庫。
- WordNet 跟據詞條的意義將它們分組，並為每個具有相同意義的字條組提供了簡短概要的定義。使用時可以注意其上層與下層的關係。