Search Result: barrage
〔 `bɑrIdʒ 〕
〔 ˋbærɑ:ʒ, -rɑ:dʒ 〕
The barrage has 3 Senses.
- bombardment, onslaught, outpouring, barrage
- the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written); "a barrage of questions"; "a bombardment of mail complaining about his mistake"
- battery, barrage fire, shelling, bombardment, barrage
- 雨霰, 弾幕
- the heavy fire of artillery to saturate an area rather than hit a specific target; "they laid down a barrage in front of the advancing troops"; "the shelling went on for hours without pausing"
- bombard, barrage
- address with continuously or persistently, as if with a barrage; "The speaker was barraged by an angry audience"; "The governor was bombarded with requests to grant a pardon to the convicted killer"