Search Result: lather
lather (TTS Sound)
〔 ˋlæðZ 〕
〔 ˊlɑːðә,ˊlæðә 〕
The lather has 8 Senses.
- swither, sweat, fret, stew, lather
- agitation resulting from active worry; "don't get in a stew"; "he's in a sweat about exams"
- a workman who puts up laths
- the foam resulting from excessive sweating (as on a horse)
- whip, trounce, slash, lash, welt, lather, flog, strap
- 鞭撻, 鞭打つ, むち打つ
- beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- form a lather; "The shaving cream lathered"
- exude sweat or lather; "this unfit horse lathers easily"
- soap, lather
- rub soap all over, usually with the purpose of cleaning