Search Result: trounce
〔 traUns 〕
〔 trauns 〕
The trounce has 3 Senses.
- whip, trounce, slash, lash, welt, lather, flog, strap
- 鞭撻, 鞭打つ, むち打つ
- beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- trounce, shell, beat, crush, beat out, vanquish
- 遣っつける, ぶっ潰す, うち倒す, 仆す, 撃破る, 撃摧, 粉砕, 押退ける, やっ付ける, 打取る, 討ち破る, 撃破, 討ち止める, 討破る, なぎ倒す, 打ち倒す, 遣っ付ける, やっつける, 一本取る, 薙ぎ倒す, 撃ち破る, 打ち取る, 遣付ける, 降す, 打破る, 下だす, 破る, 撃砕, 下す, 倒す, 制勝
- come out better in a competition, race, or conflict; "Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"; "We beat the competition"; "Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
- lambast, rebuke, trounce, take to task, dress down, reproof, chew up, lambaste, have words, reprimand, chew out, call down, chide, lecture, scold, jaw, bawl out, call on the carpet, remonstrate, berate, rag
- 怒りつける, 叱りつける, 叱り付ける, 叱る, 叱り飛ばす, 叱付ける, 怒り付ける, 叱飛ばす, 叱りとばす, 叱咤, 叱責, 叱する, 譴責, 怒る
- censure severely or angrily; "The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger's car"; "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"; "The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup"