Search Result: smash
〔 smæʃ 〕
〔 smæʃ 〕
The smash has 16 Senses.
- bang, knock, belt, bash, smash
- 強打, ピシャッと殴ること, 激しい一撃
- a vigorous blow; "the sudden knock floored him"; "he took a bash right in his face"; "he got a bang on the head"
- smash, smash-up
- a serious collision (especially of motor vehicles)
- smash, crash
- 衝突, スマッシュ
- the act of colliding with something; "his crash through the window"; "the fullback's smash into the defensive line"
- strike, bang, hit, smash, smasher
- 大ヒット, 大成功, 大当たり
- a conspicuous success; "that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career"; "that new Broadway show is a real smasher"; "the party went with a bang"
- smash, dash
- ぶち毀す, 撃摧, 打ち壊す, 打ち割る, 砕く, 打ち砕く, ぶち壊す, 打ちこわす, ぶっ壊す, 打ち毀す, 摧破, 打毀す, 叩き割る, 叩割る, 打壊す, 打割る, 撃砕, 打砕く, 砕破
- break into pieces, as by striking or knocking over; "Smash a plate"
- break, smash, ruin, bankrupt
- 滅ぼす, 亡ぼす, 傾ける
- reduce to bankruptcy; "My daughter's fancy wedding is going to break me!"; "The slump in the financial markets smashed him"
- hit violently; "She smashed her car against the guard rail"
- demolish, crush, smash
- humiliate or depress completely; "She was crushed by his refusal of her invitation"; "The death of her son smashed her"
- smash up, smash, bang up
- 割る, 敗る, 砕く, 破る
- damage or destroy as if by violence; "The teenager banged up the car of his mother"
- hit (a tennis ball) in a powerful overhead stroke
- collide or strike violently and suddenly; "The motorcycle smashed into the guard rail"
- overthrow or destroy (something considered evil or harmful); "The police smashed the drug ring after they were tipped off"
- break suddenly into pieces, as from a violent blow; "The window smashed"