Search Result: rebuke
〔 rIˋbjuk 〕
〔 riˊbjuːk 〕
The rebuke has 2 Senses.
- reproval, reprehension, reprimand, rebuke, reproof
- 懲戒, 小言, 叱責, 譴責
- an act or expression of criticism and censure; "he had to take the rebuke with a smile on his face"
- lambast, rebuke, trounce, take to task, dress down, reproof, chew up, lambaste, have words, reprimand, chew out, call down, chide, lecture, scold, jaw, bawl out, call on the carpet, remonstrate, berate, rag
- 怒りつける, 叱りつける, 叱り付ける, 叱る, 叱り飛ばす, 叱付ける, 怒り付ける, 叱飛ばす, 叱りとばす, 叱咤, 叱責, 叱する, 譴責, 怒る
- censure severely or angrily; "The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger's car"; "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"; "The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup"